Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I-I don't want to buy anything from you.

I love you. Honestly, I think you're great. And I'm super thankful you're reading my blog, so please forgive me in advance because I'm about to tell you something you're not going to want to hear, but I can't contain it anymore. And I don't want to offend you, but...I don't want to buy anything from you. I want to hang out with you and I want to support your ventures, but I don't want to come to an awkward party at your house where I'm expected to buy something at the end and I feel poor if I don't. The stuff is probably cute, but also overpriced, even with the "special discount" everyone gets for coming to the party. I really do want to help you get free stuff, but not if it costs me $50.
Once more, I think you're really neat, but the worst thing you can do to your friends who know you're trying to make extra money is ask them to cough it up. If times are tight for you, they're probably tight for your buddies, too. And it makes things really weird.
So, tell me: can we keep our friendship strictly non-commercial or do you accept checks?

No comments:

Post a Comment