Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Suburgatory is Real

The new ABC show Suburgatory is pretty much the best idea ever to sum up my childhood and adolescence...even if it's slightly misguided in its execution and will probably only stick around for one season. (Elton from Clueless should really start looking for other work.)
I know people work really hard--their entire lives--to buy a nice home in a homogenized neighborhood of freshly built cracker jack boxes with saplings in the front yard and Subarus in the driveway. And maybe when I'm older and wiser I'll decide that the best route for my kid is white-faced youth all vying for a seat at "the cool kids' table" and getting in line at the cafeteria for a future eating disorder. Maybe. And maybe I'll be right because it'll end up giving my kid the best education, safety or life expectations beyond a small studio apartment below 14th street. But who knows? I'll unintentionally mess that kid up in one way or another, of that I am sure.

Also, I wish I watched that new show Revenge. Not only is it set in The Hamptons, but it looks like a more grown-up version of Gossip Girl, which I think we can all agree was (at one point) the very best thing to happen to TV. Ever.

Also, now that there's another Paranormal Activity movie out, I've been hearing some weirdo noises in my home late at night. If anyone is even remotely interested in hearing any of my ghost experiences (and I've had several), I'll share. But at least two people have to leave comments on this entry! Is anyone out there??? I'm not even sure my mama reads this damn thing.

2 comments:

  1. hey hey friend! Glad you picked up a bit of internet space! and yes, I need to hear about your recent ghost activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading and actually just caught up on gossip girl last night. Ughh so predictable. I'm intrigued by ghost stories, but also admittedly afraid.

    Oh and my mom doesn't read my blog if it makes you feel better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete